Thursday, June 28, 2012
i am aware that i haven't written anything since the beginning of the month i blame it on having a full time summer job which has left me uninspired. however now that my i'm going from full time to part time ill have more time to write! so goals lets check them off.
1. working on my relationship with God is the greatest thing i could do for myself. i am filled with peace about life, and grateful for everything he has done for me.
2. draw 3 to 4 drawings. i haven't started on these yet, but i did get all the supplies so i'm half way there. now that i have more time on my hands i will get these done.
3. sketching for jewelry designs. i have started this with pintrest. yes i have been gathering inspiration for what i want my jewelry to look like and what kind of vibe i want it to give off. so once i feel like i have enough images i will go though them and decide what they all have in common why i like those images and why i want my jewelry to have that vibe and work on steps to completing the sketches.
4 reading. i have done a lot of reading i just finished the hunger games series which i loved. i started lauren conrad's L.A. candy series thanks to Teddi from honeybee lane who suggested them.
5 relaxing. its the hardest thing to do i don't know if its because i don't know how to or i'm always relaxed and don't know it but i'm working on it. i tried by taking a walk with my family in asbury woods, the woods we have in town. and yes i did feel like katniss walking around in the woods with my hair in a braid ;)
july is right around the corner and my only goal this month is to write more here on the blog. when i first started i did it every day that i just got burned out. so i took some time to get inspired and im still working on getting back to the way i used to be about blogging. i still love it and i miss it everyday but i am still working on getting inspired to write fun blog posts here. so that is what i will be working on.
image via pintrest
Friday, June 1, 2012
happy june first! though today the weather was not cooperating it almost feels like fall but cold cold fall. june first always marks the first day of janels journaling 30 day challenge which i look forward to every year. it's a nice way to document how much you've changed in a year. i also have decided to give myself a challenge and i'm documenting here and i'm going to write a list so i can see and check mark those tasks you can join if you want to or if your not comfortable with some of my goals it's ok not to do them or you don't have to do them at all. :)
1. take time to read and meditate on the word of God. i think that we are too wrapped up if this fast paced life that we don't spend time reading and learning the word. i know i'm guilty of this and that i why i want to change it.
2. make a series of drawings. i love drawing i was a drawing major for a semester a couple of years ago. i realized i missed it so i want to do 3 to 4 drawings
3. fill my sketch book with lots of inspiration/ jewelry designs. i feel like this will help me grow as a maker and a designer and help me get away from designing like my sister and give me my own voice.
4. read read read. i love reading so so much i have tons of books i need to get off my list so this summer i will get them done and maybe write reviews. btw did you guys hear that there is going to be a sequel to the devil wears prada? its called revenge wears prada: the devil returns. i for one is really excited!
5. learn how to relax. i know it sounds so easy but for me it's the hardest thing in the world to do. so i'm going to put some effort into this one.
are you going to join me with my goals for june? are you gonna make your own. leave me a comment i would love to know what your goals are for this month are or even what your looking forward to.
image via pintrest